A Determined and Dependable Leadership for Worcester State University
Alexandria Murphy Is A Determined & Dependable Leader for WSU
5 Point Plan Spearheaded as SGA President
1. Work with Administration to obtain solutions for campus parking restrictions for Commuters and Residents alike.
2. Encourage students (Commuters and Residents) to stay on campus during weekends with increased fun gatherings and event opportunities.
3. Renegotiate the current semester-based printing funds for students.
4. Expanded hours of Chartwells locations on campus and meal offerings at the POD.
5. Institute a citywide transportation system for WSU students to contribute to the local economy and community while accessing various amenities and attractions in Worcester; Re-establish a Higher Education Consortium of Central MA bus to the 10 other Worcester Institutions of Higher Education.
A Record of Distinct & Established Accomplishments
- Event Coordinator for ElectHer at WSU, partnering with WSU Alumni; February 2017
- Backpack to Briefcase Series, WSU Business Club, Enactus, and Alumni; Spring 2017
- Presenter at 2017 Massachusetts Undergraduate Research Conference, “The Era of the Political Woman: The Overdue Demand of An Equitably Represented Government”; April 2017
- Intern at United States House of Representatives, Joseph P. Kennedy III (MA-4); Spring 2017
- Harvard Extension School Event Participant with Anne Compton; March 2017
- Harvard Kennedy School Event Participant “Why Are Women Underrepresented in Leadership”; March 2017
- Recipient of the State University Internship Incentive Fund Scholarship; 2017
- Miss Massachusetts International 2017
- WSU SGA Have A Heart Auction Committee; 2017
- WSU SGA Business Club, Secretary; 2016-17
- WSU SGA Class Committee of 2018 Committee Member and Treasurer; 2016-present
- Running Start Star Fellowship: 1 of 7 women nationally chosen; Fall 2016
- Fellow at United States House of Representatives, Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (FL-27) Washington, DC; Fall 2016
- Re-Elect Carlos Curbelo For Congress (FL-26) Campaign, Miami, FL; November 2016
- United States Coast Guard Auxiliarist, NorthStar Flotilla, Warwick, RI; 2016-present
- Keynote Speaker, 100th Girl Scout Gold Award Ceremony, RI State House; May 2016
- WSU SGA Student Senate, Elected to Resident Senator; April 2016
- Massachusetts Cherry Blossom Princess, Washington, DC; 2016
- Women’s Campaign School at Yale Event Attendee, Running for Office; March 2016
- “Vote Run Lead” Event Participant, Women in Elected Office; March 2016
- WSU Presidential Leadership Conference in Washington, D.C.; March 2016
- Marketing Intern at FletcherTilton Law Firm; October 2015-May 2016
- Intern at Massachusetts Governor’s Council, Joseph Ferreira, 1st Bristol District; 2015-16
- WSU All University Committee; 2015
- Worcester Consortium Symphonic Project (violinist); 2015
- Guest on “The Rhode Show” WPRI-12 Providence
- WSU Women’s DIII Track & Field (Thrower); 2014-15
- Clark University Sinfonia (violinist); 2014-present
- Town of Somerset Poll Inspector (Elections); May 2014-present
- WSU String Ensemble (violinist); 2014-present
- Girl Scouts of Southeastern New England Young Woman of Distinction; 2015
- Girl Scout Gold Awardee, GIRLS: Gals In Real Life Succeed; 2014